About Me

My photo
One girl's blog on the eternal effort of finally becoming the person I really want to be. We only live once and so its time fo rme to stop sitting back and dreaming about what I want in life, now its time to become that dream...tears, tantrums, triumphs and laughter - all part of game!

Monday, January 08, 2007

A Title??

I always try to think up a really catchy and fabulous blog title to set a really good blog up, think of the title and run with it. But to be honest , today I can't, i just can't think of anything at all to be a good blog title..sooo my lovelies, you'll just have to trust me on this blog.

Things in the world of Mel have been up and down to say the least. Why do we find motivation to only lose it soo quickly? I haven't lost my motivation, its still there but it did go into hiding for a few days. But never fear I willed it to come back out and in the end I think I've found the key!

We all lose that complete drive and motivated feeling at times but the key is to remember the feeling and keep trying to get it back, remember how good it felt to be motivated and soo determined, imaging you could take on the world. Remember that feeling and take one day at a time and it will come back and before you know it you've actually strung a few days, a week, a month in a row! Without knowing it you've been motivated, you've done it - the tip is just not to give up when the going gets rough, keep plodding along because it will happen.... even if not as perfectly as you hoped!

So there you go, a little bit of insight into my last week. I've been here, I've been reading blogs...

I had Monday off and I did pretty much nothing all day - i know to some people that would be the worst thing ever, my Mum couldn't quite get her head around the concept that I did absolutely nothing all day but you know what I love doing that, its my "me" time...

Unfortunately today I am sick. I did go into work but only to come home mid morning. I have some antibiotics from the doctors and am starting to feel heaps better so I'm sure the drugs have kicked in and I'll be up and at em tomorrow. I am soo grateful that yesterday I dragged myself outside and went for a jog down near Burswood, because today I can't do anything - it really pays to just push yourself and do it on days you don't want to coz you never know when you CAN'T.

Now tomorrow I have two job interviews, one before work and one after, so I am going to try and get up at 6am and do a quick 30 min jog, coz I don't have enough time to get to the gym and back and then be all ready for my 8am interview...its gonna be tight but if I don't make the effort to jog, I won't get to do anything for the whole day...

Well today I finally finished the complete series of Sex and the City....a bit sad really, not sure what I am going to do without my daily dose of Carrie, Charlottoe, Samantha and Miranda....

Exercise this week:-

Sunday: Walked into the city from Vic Park , shopped and walked back (total 3 hrs without sitting down)
Monday: Jog - approx 45 mins, on/off jogging with the first 20 mins non stop
Tuesday: Sick - sat on butt!
Wednesday: 30 mins jog (morning), situps, lunges, push ups (evening)

Planned for the rest of the week.....(let's see how I go)

Thursday: 1 hour cardio (gym)
Friday: 1 hour cardio (gym)
Saturday: Weights, 30 - 40 mins cardio

**You'll note the one little weights session, reason being I am still getting the confidence up to hit my new gym weights area but next week I'm on it!**

Love to you all bellas....
xxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melly!

Great to hear from you.... you must know exactly how I am feeling right now....heaps of motivation for the first week after chrissie. Now absolutely BUGGER ALL!!!!

HELP!!!!!!

Grrrr...anyway your plan sounds great with the exercise. Keep it up!

Good luck for the interviews!!!!

xoxoxo
Michelle

Bec said...

HI Mel,

It sounds as though you are going so well with all that cardio!! You go girl.

I have been a bit more slack this week than last, not really loss of motivation but more exhaustion I think. Oh well everything worth while takes time I guess.

Have a great week
Rebecca

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you're not well. I was sick a couple of weeks before xmas and it sucked!

I love those days where you do absolutely SFA. I wish I had more of them!

Have a great week :)

RaeC said...

How did the interviews go Mel? Hopefully they went well and you are on the road to recovery with your illness.

As for motivation, sometimes we are less motivated than others. Whether it be because we are tired, etc. The trick is even if you don't feel like exercising, exercise anyway!! Once you get into the groove of it, it will be fine. Just remember how much better you feel after the workout and how much pride you feel in yourself for getting in there and exercising even when you didn't feel like it. It is such a victory when you do that!!

Keep up the great work hon!! xxx