About Me

My photo
One girl's blog on the eternal effort of finally becoming the person I really want to be. We only live once and so its time fo rme to stop sitting back and dreaming about what I want in life, now its time to become that dream...tears, tantrums, triumphs and laughter - all part of game!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Back again...

Well I am back again - I've been reading posts but just not posting anything from my end.

This week and last weekend have just been crazy with packing and moving. How does one end up with soo much stuff? Seriously I feel soo good about myself as I have donated soo much "good" stuff to Anglicare and the Good Sammy's - my good deed for the year! But I hate clutter and I just looked at all this stuff that is virtually new that I never use or wear and thought "why hold on to it when there are lots of people that would need this stuff"....

Anyways so we got the keys to our new little pad on Tuesday and I had the day off to move and unpack stuff there. I was all happy about the place until I got home late that night to our home up here in the hills and realised just how big our beautiful house is compared to the Vic Park one and I had a bit of a cry...yes silly I know its just a house but I guess its my first house and I was feeling a bit sad. Plus all our gardens have been freshly done and mulched so they look hot and the weather is getting warmer and I just want to jump in our pool and have a swim, which won't be able to happen anymore as the new place doesn't have one - oh well, at least our spa is coming with us. I just keep thinking, we can stay in this place for 6 months and then if we like Vic Park I will start looking at buying our own place again but down there - I'm toying with the idea of buying an older house and doing it up as I notice there are some gorgeous looking houses down that way that are soo cute and very "melbourne-ish" when done up....will see.

As far as food and exercise goes - well exercise has been non existent. As soon as I finish work we head to the house take boxes to the new house and unpack and then head home about 10pm and then start the day all over. I'm not stressing about it, there's not much I can do and we will be in on Saturday (having a Grand Final BBQ and drinks at our place with friends) and Monday is a public holiday so I plan on starting fresh then with a walk around the river and doing JL a few times...so there's no point stressing myself even more with worrying about exercise. Food has been fine, too busy to over eat. Dinner have had to be take out stuff but I've managed to keep that healthy i.e. Nando's chicken and a bought salad with no dressing from Coles and then japanese and miso soup, no deep fried stuff and I'm actually feeling quite light in my stomach and good.

I've had a bit of a stressful day with other crap that is going today so I'm thinking I might have to have an alcoholic beverage tonight - but we'll see how I go.

So I guess my next post will be next Tuesday with all the goss on the new place and what I think of the new suburb - bring it on baby!!!

Mel.
x

2 comments:

little rene said...

Oh poor Melly :(

It is always sad to say goodbye to a home that you have loved but I am sure you will love the next one just as much! Think how much easier your life will be now that you don't have to do all of that maintenance. You will have heaps of time to exercise!

Good luck with all of the moving and good on you for donating heaps of stuff to the less fortunate. It always makes you feel good doesn't it?

Have a great weekend!

love

renexxx

Jehanne said...

Busy Girl! It will be great to be so close to the river. When I lived in Vic Park I used to ride around the river and then up to Kings Park, I loved that ride!!!