About Me

My photo
One girl's blog on the eternal effort of finally becoming the person I really want to be. We only live once and so its time fo rme to stop sitting back and dreaming about what I want in life, now its time to become that dream...tears, tantrums, triumphs and laughter - all part of game!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Where to start??

I guess I will start by saying I am trying to upgrade my blog to reflect "me" a little more...but being completely uncompter savvy, I have no idea how to do this so, so am researching a bit - stay tuned for a funky looking site one of these days...

Next the questions!

Where have I been? Good lord, I have no idea myself, things have just been soo busy and soo hectic and realising its almost May is scary. Well in summary, new job working full time (big shock to system), moving into new house and of course our trip last week to Bahrain. I am hoping things will settle into place shortly but looking at the social calender, its not likely - football next week, Melbourne the weekend after, then mother's day...phew! See what I mean!

Anyways let's talk Bahrain before I get into the heavy stuff :) We went over there for motor racing, the formula one grand prix was on and it was totally amazing. I was really nervous about going there not knowing what the culture was like and what I should wear it but its very western and the growth is amazing, its an extremely wealthy little place and the people were just the nicest people I have ever met, taxi drivers, hotel staff, everyone was there to please any tourist! I do have to mention that we went to two shopping centres...now I've been to a fair few places but these shops just blew me away - so beautiful, so classy, it was like stepping into Paris...quite a spin out.

The big question...weight... well I am going to be brutually honest as this what I need. I am very disappointed in myself and my body at the moment. Again with how the time has gone I can't believe how I have let myself go. I know that is a lame excuse to say I didn't even notice but really I didn't. I've been caught in a rock and a hard place - battling with my mind in not becoming obessive to the point that I have overlooked myself and how I feel. I hope that makes sense but I guess I have been trying to be "normal" without becoming obessive about my weight without realising that I was actually ignoring healthy eating and exercise.

To say I am extremely dissappointed is myself is an understatement. It has now stated to affect most corners of my life. My beautiful husband is starting on a health kick with me to help my confidence and self esteem as obviously it seems to crush him to see me soo down on myself...I'm very lucky and happy to have him in my life to help me but ultimately its up to me.

What I need to remember is that bit of chocolate, that extra serving of dinner DOES hurt, at this stage I can't afford to go off track, I'm not that skinny little girl anymore.

So my aim is to concentrate daily on me and my goals and not to get caught up with everything else going on and neglect myself. Even my skin was getting all dry and yuk because I wasn't taking time to moisturise - how bad is that! But I need to make these efforts, it all adds up in the end.

Here I am back at blogging to help me stay on track. I plan on trying to blog every couple days (everyday would be nice but lets not get over ambitious here - LOL!) on how I am going and what I am doing to achieve what I want.

I desperately do not want to get to 30 and still not be happy or where I want to be - I need to remember that thought everyday.

Well that's enough for my first blog back - wish me luck and I will be updating again this weekend!

5 comments:

Miss Positive said...

Well you have been a busy girl!!!! And it sounds like you've had heaps of fun along the way - Bahrain must have been really interesting!

So good to see you back here Mel, you can do anything you want, you can be fit and happy and healthy, you can achieve all of your dreams, believe in yourself and you will kick butt!

Hilary xx

little rene said...

Hey Melly :)

This post was like reading my mind a while back. I understand completely how you can absolutely "let yourself go" without being conscious of it. In an effort to not be obsessive about nutrition and exercise it is easy to end up going the other way. Before you know it you realise that you're not a small size anymore (for me I suddenly realised that wasn't a size 8/10 I was a size 10/12, a massive change for a midget like me!)

Only you can do it Mel and I think it sounds like you are definately feeling desperate enough about things to really focus! Channel all of that negative energy into making positive changes and before you know it you will be feeling fabulous, possibly better than ever!

Good luck georgous girl :)

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Thanks for your comment. Great to see you back!

The sell red bubbles at Little Creatures, like red champers, basically! It's YUMMY!!!!!!

You sound like me at the moment. Have you read Brooke's blog about Intuitive Eating? If not, head over and read it. It has helped me SOOOOOO much in getting over the obsessive/stressing things about food and exercise.

Have an awesome week, please post again soon! Hope the new house is going well. Mine is FINALLY starting to be built! Yes, I did post a pic for you!

xoxo
Michelle

Janew said...

Hi Mel,I look forward to seeing your new fancy blog very soon!
You shouldnt be so hard on yourself,instead focus on the positives and the steps your need to take to reach your goals,breaking it down into small steps and thinking positive thoughts will help lead you in the rigth direction.
Good Luck
jane :)

RaeC said...

Hi Mel, It's great to have you back in blogland!!

While we need to keep an eye on what we put into our bodies, I think if we get too obsessive over it, it causes our brains to short circuit and then we go the complete other way.

Just focus on eating clean and healthy without obsessing over the calories. Chat soon xxx