About Me

My photo
One girl's blog on the eternal effort of finally becoming the person I really want to be. We only live once and so its time fo rme to stop sitting back and dreaming about what I want in life, now its time to become that dream...tears, tantrums, triumphs and laughter - all part of game!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Another month rolls on...

Its seriously unbelievable how quickly this year is going - can you believe its MAY already!!

Well just a quick post tonight, will update more goals etc later in the week.

I've be trying to concentrate and keep perspective on my aim over. I think I am slowly getting better - very small baby steps. Mainly I guess I realise my mistakes more.

Quite obviously I have identified alcohol as my problem. I'm not good at stopping and then I tend to binge eat and then of course the day after its hard to do anything. So I'm really over this drinking caper! Am aiming to just have a couple drinks on special occassions from now on. Rather than saying I am not drinking for the next year or six months or whatever, I'm taking it small steps at a time - the first one is 2 weeks without a beverage.

I'm actually flying to Melbourne this weekend, Stu goes beforehand but I have to work all week so will meet him there and then we both come back late on Sunday night but this will be my first big hurdle - we normally tend to drink when we are away, but its not necessary and I know I am going to feel really good and then I don't normally drink during the week so when we come back that week will be easy and before you now it 2 weeks and I will be feeling soo much better - I hate that bloating feeling you get after drinking!!!

So there you go, my first goal set with a reasonable time boundary on it....

I hope you guys are all going well - oh and I have started my weights again and getting my cardio back (the ole knee is annoying though!).

Will check up on how everyone's going tomorrow :)

Melly.
x

No comments: