About Me

My photo
One girl's blog on the eternal effort of finally becoming the person I really want to be. We only live once and so its time fo rme to stop sitting back and dreaming about what I want in life, now its time to become that dream...tears, tantrums, triumphs and laughter - all part of game!

Thursday, May 24, 2007

The onwards road...

Hey all :)

Well life is as hectic as usual. Again thanks to all for dropping by and posting a comment - Rae, I loved your blog, you were soo right with regards to what I was cooking at night, I certainly was trying to be a gourmet chef. So my aim this coming week is to keep it simple. Tonight at the gym (yes I dragged my sorry ass off the gym tonight - yah, and I was feeling very sorry for myself today, of course, I feel better after the gym now!), I went to the butcher and picked out our meats for the following week, so now all I have to do is add salad or veg each night, nice and easy.

I got into a bit of a groove of going to the gym at 5am the last couple months but now the cold mornings have hit us, am having quite a bit of trouble with this, but I'm now actually enjoying my 5.30-6.30pm sessions straight from work, as my house is just 5 mins around the corner, I am home in plenty of time for BB and to cook a quick dinner and relax.

So in some ways I am feeling a bit more positive, I think mainly because I have got back into a routine of going to the gym, other times I feel its a hopeless quest but you just gotta take a deep breath and look forward, don't get caught up in the right now but instead concentrate on improving the right now so that the future will be what you want.

Hope that makes some sense to someone out there :)

Tomorrow night I am off to a friend's house to watch "friday night games" over some red wine, which should be nice as it will just be some "girl" time. Sat I have to work up at the garage with the other half and that night we are having a dinner party with some friends to celebrate our new house - theme being mexican, so should be good to see what people cook up. And hence, I can do some gourmet cooking..LOL!

Sunday will no doubt just be relaxing and cleaning up...oh almost forgot, I went to carousel at lunch time today and bought two pairs of shoes. I can't beleive the bargain I got, and they were from Myers - $59.95 each!!! I don't think I have bought a pair of shoes for under $100 for years, and I love them, they are soo cute, so can't wait to wear them to work!!

Right, over and out, LOST is about to start and I am an addict :)

Melly.
x

6 comments:

Bec said...

Hi Mel, it sounds as though things are falling into place. That is awesome.

I think that you love tv as much as me. I watch Lost and Amazing Race, they are awesome. And Gilmore Girls, How I met your mother, Earl, NCIS, Grey's Anatomy and I looooved the Pussycat Dolls, but that just finished.

Have a great weekend
Renecca

Bec said...

Oops, I am tired. Meant Rebecca. Time for bed now...

Jaime-lee said...

YES a bargain girl! I lurvvvve bargains and can talk about them all day LOL...and well done on the early starts....hey just think of me up at 4.15am every morning walking/running the dog like rocky balboa.....lol it was freezin'!

Have a great week x

Health Watch Center said...

Hey Mel,

I will be waiting for your post with new pair of shoes.

I love games...watch and play...

Oh yeah there is no doubt about it that you girlz gonna have lots of fun...

Bargain is something which makes me very interesting when I go for shopping...

Self Help Zone

RaeC said...

So how's the "keeping it simple" during the weeks coming along?

If you want simple, grab yourself some Glad steamer bags. You load them up with vegetables, pop them in the microwave for the stated amount of time, and you have perfectly steamed vege's in a flash. I even put mine in a bag fresh in the morning and steam them at work in the microwave.

And I kid you not, they are perfectly steamed. I never used to steam my vege's in the microwave because they didn't steam properly, but these bags are just awesome!! Could not live without them now!! xxx

Kenz said...

Hey babe don't know if you're still checking this but I'm organising a dinner for next week and would love to see you if you're interested? Kenz x