About Me

My photo
One girl's blog on the eternal effort of finally becoming the person I really want to be. We only live once and so its time fo rme to stop sitting back and dreaming about what I want in life, now its time to become that dream...tears, tantrums, triumphs and laughter - all part of game!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Organisation...is the key!

This seems to be my "other" downfall. It doesn't matter how much I seem to try I never seem to have the time/energy to get everything or anything much done. I am amazed how people do it!

Between full time work, then shopping for dinner, gym (be it morning or night), cooking, cleaning and finally sitting down - I never seem to get anywhere - each night when I come home my house still isn't tidy and the same ole routine each night begins again - nothing new is ever accomplished!

Perhaps I'm lazy I have no idea - but by 7.30-8.00pm I really want to sit down and have my dinner and relax for a bit, I'm not the type of person to come home and sit down for a bit before doing stuff, I get straight into it from the moment I open the front door. Can you believe I don't even have kids but between myself and Stuart we make the biggest mess and I am constantly cleaning up and still I can see the dishes from dinner staring at me - my only catch up time is the weekends!!

Sorry if this is a whinge blog, its not meant to come across like that I am just trying to suss out how you guys do it, what's the key!!!

I'm thinking perhaps instead of starting dinner straight away and doing bits inbetween I should perhaps start all my other chores first and finish them then start dinner? Hmmmm, maybe I will test that - Stu is away for the rest of the week so of course that makes it easy, once the house is tidy I keep it that way when he isn't here, so next week will be more of a test - still gonna try that dinner cooking thing last starting from tomorrow to try and get in a routine! Then from there perhaps I can start getting my next day more organised once I've mastered the night!

**WOW, two blogs in one evening, I'm on a roll tonight!!**

Any comments would be much appreciated ladies!

Mel.
x

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hi Mel
WOW you sound like I feel sometimes - completely overwhelmed with it all!
Our house gets like that sometimes as well. It's like the piles of stuff just sit there and after a while you don't see them anymore.
My best solution is to have people over for dinner or a BBQ. Every couple of months we do this and it forces us to have the biggest clean up. Usually we only clean the visible rooms but that is what is most important hey? Then when those rooms are clean - I start to look at the bedroom and go - well it just doesn't look right now!
The other thing that has help me to overcome this was getting more organised by giving everything a home. It took me ages to figure it out but Real Living magazine and Ikea are my saviours - so many good storage ideas. Magazine files Boxes to hide stuff in, and baskets for cosmetics in the bathroom that I can put in the cupboard and the house looks instantly tidy when all I have done is hidden things away from view.
The other thing I guess I do is try to chuck out unececssary papers and stuff everyday. I go through the house finding things to throw out with a plastic bag.
Washing up sux too doesn't it. It seems to be never ending. The only thing that Mark and I ever fight about is washing up.We made a policy to just do it as soon as dinner is over - then there arte no fights!
My newest time saving favourite thing though is getting my ironing done. I just send my work clothes to be done but the relief you feel when you get those beautifully ironed clotes back and you know that it has just saved you at least an hour is awesome!
Wow this post is gigantic but I hope it helps.
It is good to see you back in blogging land again.
Andrea