About Me

My photo
One girl's blog on the eternal effort of finally becoming the person I really want to be. We only live once and so its time fo rme to stop sitting back and dreaming about what I want in life, now its time to become that dream...tears, tantrums, triumphs and laughter - all part of game!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Chaotic Life of Mel....

Yep life is just a tad busy at the moment.

Last Wednesday night we flew out to Sydney...of course, we got stuck sitting in the plane on the tarmac for 90 mins (yes this is at midnight!!) whilst some alpacas were removed from the cold storage section on the plane and put into a slighter warmer cargo hold...so they wouldn't freeze to death!!! Yes, strange I know but true...I thought my tablets were having wierd affects on me when I heard the pilot make that announcement..haha

So really the weekend was a blur. We were non stop busy. We stayed out in Campbell Town because it was close to the track - I hope no one is from Campbell Town reading this because but I have to say, it was horrible (equivalent to our Balga/Midland) - I walked into town once and didn't dare go back again by myself, so lesson learnt and consequently no gym due to that fact as I didn't have a car when Stu wasn't with me.

But moving on, spent our days at the track, I did the very good "wife" thing, I worked on my lap top whilst Stu played with his car etc and also did some video cameraing of his races - but I didn't do too well with that as my hand was shaking soo much from nerves watching him...hehe...but he did awesome as usual!

Friday night we went into the Rocks and went to dinner at this chinese place, Imperial Peking, or something like that. OMG, it was just the best chinese I have ever had. I actually haven't had chinese for years as I prefer Japanese or Thai but this was just amazing. Stu's boss took us and picked out what we ate and it was just brilliant - I can't say enough about it!

Saturday night we all went to the Sydney Motor Show, I got to sit in the new Audi R8, and it was pure bliss, I could only dream of buying one of those, it costs as much as our first house cost us!! The guy we were with has purchased one...hmmmm....anyways finally at like 10.30pm, with me looking to eat the artificial flowers on display, we finally went down to the harbour and had dinner. We ordered this massive seafood platter with lobster, crab, prawns, oysters etc...it was soo nice. I have never had oysters before but now am addicted!!

Sunday night we had a presentation night to go to and again the food was absolutely brilliant - finally had a bit of a big night that one - alcohol wise...was not good going to bed at 1am and having to be up and out of our hotel at 5.30am to get to the airport...very ill....

So really I had a great weekend - a little annoyed I couldn't do any exercise but anyways...I have made up for it a bit this week. I've done my 2 body circuit classes, which I love and this arvo is my PT session - we have measurements today and I am meant to have lost 2kg but its more like I have put on 2kgs, so I'm really not looking forward to it...things are just soo hectic at the moment but I have my goal in mind and I know that when I can exercise I certainly do, so it will happen....

AND we actually fly out to Melbourne (my most favourite city!!) this evening. We are off to Mt Buller for a rally this weekend. We are staying at a realllllly nice hotel this weekend and I've been to Mt Buller before so I'm hoping the uni gym is open so I can go there - Stu's not racing this weekend, so things will be a bit more relaxed and we can be a bit more flexible, just gotta so stuff for his boss, but otherwise we can drink and gym it and stuff...sooo yah!

Anyways I am outtie, I hope everyone is going well and I'll be catching up on blogs later today - see ya next week!

Melly.
x

No comments: