About Me

My photo
One girl's blog on the eternal effort of finally becoming the person I really want to be. We only live once and so its time fo rme to stop sitting back and dreaming about what I want in life, now its time to become that dream...tears, tantrums, triumphs and laughter - all part of game!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Quick update...

Just a quick one as we fly out tonight for Sydney - we get back on Monday - yah! And I just found out that we pretty much have all of Thursday to ourselves so we can actually venture into Sydney and do some sightseeing and then we don't have to pick up the rest of the team til 10pm that night so we can even eat in town there...am getting excited...except for the plane ride part, which is freaking me out!!! (I have flown heaps of times, I am just a whimp).

Otherwise things have been good. I did the John Hughes Big Walk on Sunday. 20km, Perth to Fremantle. This is my 4th year of doing it and it was easy peasy, although I was over it by the end of it!!!

Anyways I kicked my butt into action with regards to food this week and have been feeling heaps better. Although today for lunch I succumbed to my favorite turkish bread roll for lunch and now i feel all stodgy and yuk - lesson learnt, they are no longer my favorite! Plus I couldn't make my body circuit class this morning because we are just soo busy trying to sort work stuff out before we leave....I am taking my laptop so that whilst Stu is on the track I can draft up some new work changes that need to be implemented by our staff etc...

And I also found a Fitness First just near where we are staying over east so I intend of doing some exercise whilst I am there otherwise I know I will start feeling gross.

Ok, so I better go - I've had all my waxing done today, so I am hair free and also did a quick bit of shopping so I look somewhat stylish before hitting Sydney...wonder if they will have any good bargains over there (note to self...must save myself from splurging til our "proper" holiday at the end of November)...

Kick ass crew!!
Mel.
x

3 comments:

little rene said...

Hey Mel,

Turns out we will be in Sydney at the same time after all! We are heading off to pick up our furniture tomorrow. We have a small tip truck and it works out cheaper to drive there and back rather than pay for a courier!

Next time we will have to arrange something :)

Sydney is great for shopping-ENJOY!

Have a great trip!

love

rene :)

Bec said...

Hi Mel,

Have an awesome trip to Sydney. It sounds like a perfect excuse for some shopping! My favourite past time.

Have a fabulous weekend
Rebecca

Unknown said...

20kms? Holy moly that's fantastic! Enjoy Sydney :)