About Me

My photo
One girl's blog on the eternal effort of finally becoming the person I really want to be. We only live once and so its time fo rme to stop sitting back and dreaming about what I want in life, now its time to become that dream...tears, tantrums, triumphs and laughter - all part of game!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Rolling along...

Howdy all….agh, what a weekend. Yuk, I ended up getting gastro on Friday night and recovered properly on Sunday!

Well exercise is getting more on track. Did my first big walk around the river on Friday morning. OMG it was just soo lovely, the weather, the views etc…I am building up my summer tan (on my upper body) already – I just gotta break out the shorts one of these days, I’m just too scared of scaring people with the shade of white that they are!

Yesterday I went for another walk around the river on my day off but this time in the other direction and as stupid as it sounds it was harder in that direction – I was puffed but mainly my knees got really weak and I couldn’t wait to get home!

So finally exercise is getting on track and I see our local recreation centre has RPM classes in the mornings. I’ve never done one of those before but Stu’s keen to go so I think we will schedule that into one of our mornings before work – I’m looking forward to it.

I’m actually just about to hit the gym for my weekly PT session – I seriously hope its not as hard as last week, he tried to kill me, I’m sure!

Eating is going ok, I never eat chocolate but lately I have just wanted some each day so I gotta keep from giving in each night – I am strong I can do this….I wish I loved fruit but I’m just soo damn picky!

Not sure what the go is tonight – normally I would just veg on the couch but strangely since we have moved I have loved going out and doing something each night and the thought of just plodding home is a bit boring so maybe Stu and I will go for a quick walk just for something different (ha) near the river and then cook a stir fry or something together – or perhaps we should have a spa before dinner…aghhh, decisions..haha

Ok, off I go…. Xxx

PS – Em, if you had seen me walking the boys this morning you would have been in hysterics!! Seriously they were soo overexcited and Basil kept eating things off the ground (i.e. slice of pizza), he was soo quick I could never catch up and then when I did he refused to open his mouth even with me sticking my fingers in it to get the food out – he is very strong when it comes to food ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving reading about Perth! The river walk is beautiful and I'm glad you are enjoying the move to Vic Park so far....
I drove through there yesterday and I discover a new little shop or cafe to love each time I'm over that way!

Have a great week!
xoxoxo
Michelle

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're settling into the area well! I'm a member at the rec centre and do an RPM class on wednesday nights. I'm not sure what the morning classes are like but ours are usually full so try and get there at least 15mins early to make sure you get a bike.

Em :)