About Me

My photo
One girl's blog on the eternal effort of finally becoming the person I really want to be. We only live once and so its time fo rme to stop sitting back and dreaming about what I want in life, now its time to become that dream...tears, tantrums, triumphs and laughter - all part of game!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Feeling a bit …..

Well I should be feeling quite good as I have (like I promised myself) upped my exercise a bit but food is still the major culprit in ruining my good efforts.

Let’s start with the exercise…starting from where I left off last Thursday…(I’ve had a horrible cold for like 2 weeks now so Friday was a write off as it kinda fully kicked in…or maybe alcohol from the night before may have been part of it?!)

Ok so I’ve been really good since last week and walked around the river (with little jogs in there when I could, just easing my knee into it) on Saturday and Sunday and yesterday (Tuesday) as well.

Then yesterday I also did Jacob’s Ladder in the arvo, my legs were already tired from my morning walk/run and I pushed myself to do a bit more running than normal on my walk, so I could really feel them. I haven’t done JL for years so I was quite proud of 6 sets in just over 20 mins. It’s probably pretty tame but I am definitely going to go a couple times a week and build up to more and quicker….

Today I did another one of the Body Circuit classes, which I love.

Tomorrow (Thursday) I have a PT session and my trainer promises he is going to kick my ass for going out drinking and eating thai last night (doh).

So then it’s Friday, I actually have to work this Friday so dunno if I will get a chance to do any exercise, probably just walk the boys in the morning and then it’s the weekend and I can get stuck into JL on Saturday and walking/jogging the river again.

So I’m getting there with upping my exercise, I just have to keep pushing myself.

At the moment my legs, and I mean all of my legs not just my calves, are so soo sore. I can’t imagine what they are gonna be like tomorrow, coz at this stage its very hard to walk…haha…also they are soo tight and thick feeling – I actually feel worse than usual, I feel soo thick and fat. Grrrr…I know its just that my muscles are swollen and full of blood but still….

Last Thursday night my feet were soo swollen from wearing my new shoes in for 2 days and when I got home my legs had actually got all swollen too and I couldn’t do up my knee high boots without the zip pinching my calves….yes, there were tears – luckily Stu came home and promised me I hadn’t just put on a huge amount of weight in one day and that I was all swollen up – eeek! Not nice at all.

Right so food – this is where I seem to be going wrong. Numero Uno problem is after dinner – I seem to be craving something sweet these days…I never never used to and now in the last couple months I have become a complete chocolate/sweet tooth…the next major problem is I cannot stand “salads”. I really don’t like lettuce, any type, it boring and flavourless…so no matter what my good intentions are to plan a meat and salad dinner by the end of the day I just cannot do it, I can’t stand lettuce/salads, unless of course we are talking lots of cheese or avocado…see soo slight problem. Tonight is a prime example I have chicken out and we are meant to have a salad (and Stu will have chips as well as he needs more) but just thought of the gross salad is doing my head in – so I’m trying to think of what else I can be having instead, some veges…oh yes, I think some sweet potato and some nice steamed veges…we could be on a winner…

Baby steps…its all about baby steps….

PS – my pysco PT reckons my aim for the month is to lose 2kg, well the month is almost up and I am more than likely to put on 2kg than lose it….great!

xxx

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Mel,

Why don't you put the avocado or a little bit of cheese in your salad until you get to like it? I used to always have salad dressing because I didn't like the taste that much - now I don't need it at all. A good one id the weight watchers honey mustard.
Also baby spinach is a good alternative to lettuce - much nicer!
Hope this helps,
Andjxx

Bec said...

Hi Mel,

Baby steps are the way to go. I think eating healthy all the time is a real mind set change. Maybe set yourself little treats to have after dinner? I hear diet jelly is a good alternative to eating sweets (although I am not a jelly fan myself). Good luck!
Rebecca

Miss Positive said...

Hey mel, you could always slather your salad in American Mustard like I do, it pretty much kills the taste of anything else!! LOL! Or you could have a stir fry? AFter dinner sometimes I have a diet yoghurt, or a sweet chai latte, that seems to soothe the sweet tooth.

I've been to Perth once, but I wish I'd known about this Jacobs Ladder at the time, it sounds like a great workout!

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Hilary xx