About Me

My photo
One girl's blog on the eternal effort of finally becoming the person I really want to be. We only live once and so its time fo rme to stop sitting back and dreaming about what I want in life, now its time to become that dream...tears, tantrums, triumphs and laughter - all part of game!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Rainy Thursday....

Yep the weather is pretty ordinary up here at the moment. I just took Stu to the airport, as he is off to Tasmania to help out his boss race at Rally Burnie, and seriously the rain was soo hard, we had to pull over because I couldn't see where I was driving...very scary.

So yeh, back at work now.

My week has been okay. We didn't play squash last night as we wanted to relax at home with our puppies before Stu went away today. And we didn't get up for the gym this morning either...opphs! Oh well, that's life, not going to stress too much over it. I seem to stress myself out over things too much lately....if I get out of here at a reasonable time I will go to the gym this evening otherwise I will ride our wind trainer while I watch telly tonight and do some sit ups...better than nothing! Tomorrow morning I will back up and at em though ;)

Yesterday I went to the doctor as I had had enough of my stomach. The constant bloating and "gas" is driving me bonkers. Now I have had this on and off for the last 5 years and I have been to the doctors soo many times, and they never really help, they just give laxatives, which is not a solution. So I have been noticing that it has really been affecting my mood lately as I constantly "feel" fat and I just get really down and sad. Soo off I trundled to the doctors. I ended up with quite a good doctor actually and he went over some stuff with me and sent me off to have a blood test *ouch - such a whimp*. I go back in a week and a half to find out the results to see if I am lacking in anything or allergic etc....so will be interesting. Otherwise I think he will refer me to a nutritionist as it will then be classed as IBS and we'll have to find out what the trigger foods are. I was speaking to Stu about it and I really have no idea what the trigger is, whatever it is, it must be a few things as I eat pretty healthily and have cut out things but it still seems to be a problem. Anyways I am positive that we will work this out...I just can't wait to wake up one morning and have a flat (well relatively) flat tummy...oh the dream!

Oh the doctor did give me some tablets which I am to take one a day for three weeks - something to do with the acid in the stomach, he said there was no harm in trying them, they may work and if they don't well they don't. I took one yesterday and I did wake up this morning feeling a tad better - so maybe maybe it has something to do with acid...in 3 weeks we'll see....hehe

Okay well I shall go and check out everyone's blogs now and see what the goss is..haha!

Love,
Melly.
x

7 comments:

Jehanne said...

Hope that you get to the bottom of your bloating real quick, I cant imagne what that must be like. Have a great weekend wont ya, train hard at the gym, dont miss Stu too much.... Got your puppies though hey Mel?

little rene said...

Hey mel,
My sister in law has suffered from a similar thing for the past 10 years or so! She has recently been diagnosed with a really rare disease (that can be cured) so I will ask her what it is called next time I speak to her.
Try and have a great weekend, hopefully the tablets will halp :)
love renexxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel!
Just cane acroos your blog, yay! Another Perthie!

I would be interested to hear what your Doc says!
Gosh I wish this rain in Perth would ease up! I love to do a big walk in the morning and it's so frustrating.
I know what you mean by the 4-5kgs making a difference. I am in the same boat and they are the hardest to lose!
Have a great week!
Will be checking in on you to see how you're going!

xoxoxo
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Sorry, my first sentence didn't make much sense!

My M key is having issues!

RaeC said...

Hi Mel... it's been far too long since I visited blogs... LOL!! It sounds like things are going really well with you on the food and eating front. As for the bloating and gas... do you eat a lot of wheat or sugar-free stuff? Wheat, dairy and artificial sweeteners are not my friend... nor are they the friend of people who live with me... LOL!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you with the results and hope it is nothing too serious and something easily sorted out!! xxx

Mel said...

Hi Rae,
Good to hear from you, you have been soo busy lately, I don't know how you do it all!!! BUT yes I do eat a lot of wheat and sugar-free stuff. However in the last month I have tried to cut out all sugar-free stuff as I had a feeling it was helping with my bloating....only just learning all this stuff...wheat is the next one I am going to try to wheen myself off...boo hoo!
Melly.
x

Mel said...

Hey Michelle,
Thanks for popping in!!! What is your blog address? I couldn't seem to get it from your link??
Mel.
xxx