About Me

My photo
One girl's blog on the eternal effort of finally becoming the person I really want to be. We only live once and so its time fo rme to stop sitting back and dreaming about what I want in life, now its time to become that dream...tears, tantrums, triumphs and laughter - all part of game!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Excited Mel...a new journey!

Yep, I've been excited for a few days now but have been a tad busy to get into blogging about it. Probably not the best time now but I really want to!!

Firstly, I dropped Stuey off at the airport last night *boo hoo* he is back on Monday morning. I was meant to go out this Sat night for my friends birthday but she has cancelled so I am thinking about doing a little mini detox over the weekend, nothing major, just no alcohol, wheat, diary etc...just try to keep everything as close to green and nature as possible - will see how I go, much easier when Stu isn't here of course!

Anyways onto my reason for my excitement..hehe...welllllll my current gym membership expires in the first week of September and as I keep hurting myself and I'm a bit bored with it all I thought I would try something different. Across the road from where I work is this body studio where they are really into all that pilates and one on one training - they only allow like 50 memberships to their gym so that you get as much privacy as you want etc.... so i went across there the other day and I was just soo impressed with them. I am really synical about places offering you everything and then once they get your money they forget about you, of course, I did tell them that and quizz them thoroughly.

So basically I have joined up. I joined up for the studio to do pilates etc and also for the one on one PT sessions. A few things that got me hooked:-

  • Upon joining they give you a whole book on the body/muscles, nutritional information on carbs, proteins etc and what they are and what is required etc and heaps more
  • They do a test which not only shows your body fat % but your metabolism at rest and during activity so they can cater to your fast or slow metabolism better
  • They are all fully qualified from uni
  • Each week for the first month they give you a sheet to complete with all your meals eaten etc so they can then design a nutritional plan for you based on the results that you want along with your daily nutritional requirements e.g. vitamins, minerals etc
  • They assess all clients in the last week of every month and also do "spot checks" to make sure you are keeping on track
  • The gym equipment is just AMAZING, soo much more advanced than the poxy ole gym I am currently at
  • You "book" in to do any classes which then makes you commit a little more as you gotta let them know if you can't make it - and they have a max of approx 10 ppl per class
  • The variety and times of classes are awesome - they have heaps of classes ranging from easy pilates to really hard, plus really hard circuit classes, which I've actually heard rave reviews about

I could just go on...but I keep getting interrupted and I am starving - I need to go across the road and grab some lunch!

Now quickly though (I will try) I have my first PT session on Saturday then have regualar bookings for PT sessions every Tuesday and Saturday. Next week I have my first pilates class on Monday arvo and then again on Wednesday morning plus have dancing Tuesday nights and squash Wednesday nights - so am getting back into.

Gosh I actually have more goss too re: podiatrist but I'm under the pump, really gotta mosey!

Keep smiling bellas :) Melly xxx

7 comments:

little rene said...

Wow, you lucky girl, this new Gym sounds absolutely amazing! I am sure that you are about to achieve fantastic results with them. Look out Summer a new Miss Melrose is about to emerge!
I would love to be able to email you Mel but I don't know your address!
love
renexxx

Bec said...

Hi Mel,

Your new gym sounds amazing. That will be so easy to stay motivated. Talk about one on one service.

I have had a shocker of a week and am also using this weekend to detox now. No more bad food, lots of water and a huge grocery shop is in order. We can do this and look fab for summer!!

Cheers
Rebecca

Jehanne said...

wow that sounds really good, let us know how it goes! I am sure you will... ;) get into it girl!!!

Miss Positive said...

Wow that gym sounds amazing! My gym is a bit non-personal too, actually most gyms seem to be!! Sounds like your new gym are really trying to keep their members happy.

Good luck with your weekend detox.

Hilary xx

Kenz said...

Hey Mel

The gym sounds really cool! I"m dying to know what your dancing lessons are like and where you're doing them? I've been trying to talk my man into doing something like that in ages!!

Andrea said...

Sounds like a good Gym!
Those flowers are beautiful. I know what you mean about being able to eat better when the other half is away. If only they realised how much we give up for them!
ANdjxx

Unknown said...

Hi there,

Im from Perth also and was just wondering where that gym was? Was it expensive to join? Im currently on a mission to find the perfect gym.

I used to be at Zest and hate them, have been to other not so commercial gyms but still havent found one that I like.