About Me

My photo
One girl's blog on the eternal effort of finally becoming the person I really want to be. We only live once and so its time fo rme to stop sitting back and dreaming about what I want in life, now its time to become that dream...tears, tantrums, triumphs and laughter - all part of game!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Still shaky...

hehe..yep just got back from my first PT session with my new trainer/gym. Was fun, fun. I was actually really nervous as I knew he would really push me and I haven't done much the last few weeks due to my knee...plus I get really nervous (and I REALLY) doing new things!

Anyways back tracking a bit to Saturday when I had my appraisal. It was very thorough and imformative, I was very impressive, just not with the results. My fitness has gone wayyy down hill this year and my body fat just has never ever been this high, to be honest, I was taken back abit by it...but so be it, I know now and I can work on it!

Yesterday arvo I had my first pilates class "Gentle Pilates" and I loved it. I seriously wasn't sure what to expect but I really enjoyed it, a great bunch of people in that class and it was more challenging that I expected. I am old school when it comes to exercise and classes etc...I just couldn't get my head around actually working out without doing heaps of cardio etc...but it really did make me feel like I worked - I'm not sore or anything today but during the class I definately felt it. I like the way its subtle but you really are working...if that makes sense! And with all the breathing you do feel relaxed at the end of it and on a bit of a "natural high"...

Right onto my session then - let me say, I thought I hated the rower...I have in fact discovered I do not hate the rower, I have a new dread and I'm not even sure what you call it but its this bike that you can work both your legs and your arms. The arms are just little like levers and I had to do it without using the legs, only for 5 mins, and it was bloody hard - my poor little arms almost dropped off, and it was on the hill program, so it certainly caned me. Anyways I really really enjoyed the whole work out and the mix up of it, considering this was my first session with my trainer and he was just getting to grips with what weights I can do etc...I was proud of myself in the end - bar that bloody bike thingy machine...

So I think I have recovered somewhat now....thank god! Tonight we have our ballroom dancing class at 6.30pm - 8.00pm. Kenz - we are doing it as part of the Tafe short courses that they do and its at Como Senior High School....now let me say we are by far the youngest people there and our teacher is about 100 but she is damn good on her feet and its FUN..we had a great time last week. Unfortunately I am not sure if we will make it tonight - its almost 5pm and Stu seems to be flat out here and it takes us a good 30 mins to get there...will see...plus Stu is looking very grumpy over at his desk...hmmm...will see!

I also have (for some reason unknown to the "normal" Melissa) booked in to do the 6am Pilates class tomorrow morning...but I am determined to get my lazy ass out of the bed at 5.30am tomorrow and get up to the gym for the class..why? BECAUSE I know that once I have done it I'm gonna feel damn good and its also gonna feel good to stretch out my body after today...then its squash tomorrow night..ekkk!

I also got my book on fitness, carbs, fats, protein, muscles etc AND my nutrition plan...I can do this - as most nutrition plans are, its not sparing on food, its just a matter of choosing the right foods - I can soo do this. Last week had 3 awesome food days and I felt HOT so I want that feeling again. My biggest hurdle will be alcohol (must say very proud of self, on weekend went out with friends for 6 hours and only had 2 alcoholic beverages!!)...BUT this Sunday is the Eagles -v- Dockers derby and I have arranged for us to meet people at the Paddo...hmmm, have volunteered as skipper but still.........2 drinks, 2 drinks...will keep chanting this!

Now I must be off as need to eat my apple - am getting those tummy rumbles as I missed it earlier today! PLUS for all you Perthies...how BAD is this weather - I don't think I have seen soo much hard, sideways rain before...its a bit scary - actually if it does keep up (as I type its getting worse, OMG)...we might give driving out a miss tonight!!!

Love to you all - send me some goss ladies!
Melly.
x

5 comments:

Kenz said...

Hey Mel :) I'm actually loving this weather! Am I crazy? It makes inside so cosy and it forces me to go to the gym, I can't pike out and go for a leisurely walk around Carine open space. The dance class sounds fun... one day I'll make Mike come along! I'll be in PHuket for the Derby so hopefully I can find a good pub there! And with the alcohol thing - try Bacardi with diet lemonade and freshly squeezed lime juice - its DELICIOUS and not bad at all :) Quite easy to get sloshed in too! Not that we would ever want that...

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel!

Go Dockers! Don't worry I will be facing the same challenge on Sunday down at Freo Footy Club,trying to ignore the wine!

I love this weather too for some reason, EXCEPT FOR THE WIND!!!!

Have a good one!

Mel said...

Kenz - am soo jealous, Phuket will be gorgeous!! Have the best time, oh and that bevvie sounds deluxe!!!

Michelle - do you have a blog address?? And yes, c'arn the DOCKERS :)

Cheers ladies!
Mel.
xxx

RaeC said...

Things sound like they are going awesome Mel!! Your life is full to the brim by the sounds of it... keep trucking girl, you are doing fabulously!! xxx

Kenz said...

Hey munchkin where's the new post? What's going on in your world!