About Me

My photo
One girl's blog on the eternal effort of finally becoming the person I really want to be. We only live once and so its time fo rme to stop sitting back and dreaming about what I want in life, now its time to become that dream...tears, tantrums, triumphs and laughter - all part of game!

Friday, June 09, 2006

Starting afresh & for real on Monday

Okay I am determined, I went shopping for jeans today and I was totally horrified seeing myself in the mirror - I did manage to squeeze into size 8 jeans but I have a very small frame and when I say squeeze I mean it, my thighs look really thick and wobbly and even my upper body looked wobbly and bulky - I was disgusted!!!
In the last year I have put on a good 4-5 kilos and I have only kinda just noticed the extent of it...how is that possible??
Anyways so here goes as off Monday I am fully going back into it - I've decided not to start tomorrow (Saturday) as i have a bit planned and I know if I try I will only get disappointed and disheartened so Monday it is.
So here is the plan:-
Get up each morning early (6 or 6.30am) to do my gym work (if I leave it to the afternoon work always blows out to late and I never end up going to the gym). 4 x cardio sessions, being 45 mins plus and 2 x weight sessions a week - to start with. 1 of the weight sessions is with my PT so that will get my butt into gear pretty quickly.
As for food - the ideal is clean, clean, clean!
Breakfast: Altrnate between egg-white omlettes & veges to fresh fruit & muesli yoghurt
Lunch: A variety of salads with tuna or chickpeas etc...
Dinner: A good dose of veges with protein
Snacks: Dried fruit, fresh fruit etc....
As I make my every one of my partner's meals during the day and night I have to get him onto a similar eating pattern too as otherwise I will succumb and snack on his as I make it - he just goes with the flow, of course he will need a lot more than me and will have treats inbetween.
Anyways so there it is - laid out on the table.
I am sick of feeling large and wobbly and having no self esteem - I know I can be great, as only a year ago I was in top condition...I will be back!!!
Oh and also - aim is to do a daily blog...onwards I charge.
Melly.
x

1 comment:

RaeC said...

Hi Melly!!

Thanks so much for your email... it made my day and I was wrapped to see you are starting a blog!! I will add you to my bloglist if you don't mind so I can keep an eye on you and hopefully be able to help support and motivate you with achieving the body you dream of.

Your plan sounds excellent... I hope you were organised this morning to start today?

Anything you want is yours to have if you just want it bad enough!! There is strength in numbers, so together we can all do this!!

Chat to you soon...

Love Rae xxx