About Me

My photo
One girl's blog on the eternal effort of finally becoming the person I really want to be. We only live once and so its time fo rme to stop sitting back and dreaming about what I want in life, now its time to become that dream...tears, tantrums, triumphs and laughter - all part of game!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Wake up call....

Yup!!! Well first of all let me say how much I totally love my trainer! I have known him for years now and he is just awesome....I did a great leg train with him yesterday (feeling it today!) but beforehand I summoned up the courage to weigh myself on the scales there. I haven't done so for ages as I need to be in the right mood otherwise I will get really really upset and get a bit depressed and teary etc...the scales at the gym are extremely accurate.

Anyways soo the dreaded weigh in....54.5kg! I did not get upset as deep down I knew this would be the case. At the begginning of the year I was 52.5kg and on my frame the 2 - 3kg increase is VERY noticeable....but I didn't let it effect me too much whilst training, I trained really hard and no tears or anything - I think because it just confirmed what I have been telling myself for the last month now.

I had a good chat with my trainer about it and mainly about my stomach as I seem to be really sensitive to foods (IBS I think). And because I am soo constantly blocked up and look 3 months pregnant he went over changing the fibrous foods I eat - so I am. I'm concentrating on making sure each and everyone of my meals contains good amounts of fibre. Instead of having my afternoon apple snack I had 3 dried apricots & 4 prunes and seriously 2 hours later I had the worst stomach cramps - so something worked, but not too the extent I need but it kinda proved to me that I'm either not eating enough fibre or not eating the right fibre....

So today I'm sitting here is very very uncomfortable cargo pants - they used to hang off me and now they are soo tight the buttons keep popping, but I wore them on purpose to remind myself of the challenge ahead.

I am positive I can change - I think I have just been slack with exercise and eating the wrong foods this year. I mean, I NEVER eat chocolate and yet this year I have eaten soo much.....so there's a clue to the weight gain...hehe

I'm thinking of doing a proper 12-week challenge but I'm a little scared I guess - I'm scared of being boring on weekends and I'm scared of the foods I have to eat, it always seems like soo much, and all the protein and I guess I have the mentality that I'm already putting on weight with what I am eating now imagine increasing it!

Well there you go, I'm being very honest with my thoughts and fears today......

2 comments:

Andrea said...

You're trainer sound pretty switched on Mel.
Make sure that you are drinking plenty of water if you increase your fibre intake - other wise it can bind you up more.
Andjxx

Jehanne said...

Do the challenge!!!!!!!! We will all be here to support, help and encourage you. Have a great week Mel! Train hard and stay focused!!!