About Me

My photo
One girl's blog on the eternal effort of finally becoming the person I really want to be. We only live once and so its time fo rme to stop sitting back and dreaming about what I want in life, now its time to become that dream...tears, tantrums, triumphs and laughter - all part of game!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Stupid Question...

I notice quite a few people have oats for breakfast - how do you have it? i.e. I make porridge with milk and splenda but I find this a bit too dense in my stomach.....

2 comments:

Andrea said...

ooh - A multitude of ways.
Usually porridge in the microwave made on water with just a splash of milk so that it isn't drowning in milk - in fact it is barely even swimming.
I don't really use splenda but here are some of my fave combinations
sugar free maple syrup or
1/2 apple chopped up and stewed in the microwave with cinnamon sprinkled or
if I am at work I have chocolate protein powder mixed through the oats after I cook them.
When I am in a rush I use 125ml milk, 125ml water, scoop protein powder, 40g dry rolled Oats - mix up with a hand blender and drink - fast and will fill you up for three hours.

Tracey said...

I ususally have oats made up two different ways:-

1. 1/2 cup oats & 1/3 cup water sprinkled with splenda & cinnamon when cooked.

2. 1/2 cup oats with 3 egg whites, cottage cheese all blended together & makes about 2 pancakes top with sugar free maple syrup or sometimes mix in cinnamon to the blender and have on the run (no mess).